Sunday, September 04, 2005

Anna Ng and I

"I don't want the world; I just want your half."

Blanket Bay, New Zealand. My room costs more per night than my house payment runs for a month, and here's the truth of places like this: you still watch TV for a little while, then go to sleep.

But it's a beautiful place, there's a balcony with a view out over the lake, and there's a bathroom that seems to go on through four or five time zones.

Which is when I realize: I don't know if it really does.

So I get up, fill one of the several sinks. Fill another. Another.

Pull the plugs.

And I figure, at what this room costs, each time I run this experiment, seeing if water really is swirling the wrong way down the drain, I'm probably burning up twenty bucks worth of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home