Monday, January 09, 2006

Now What?

Tomorrow morning, I send off the Quiet article to National Geographic Traveler. It's just under 6,000 words long, the longest article I've ever written, and, for comparison, roughly four times longer than the average magazine article.

In one way or another, I've been working on the thing for eight and a half months, since a day in Ireland on which much, much, much changed.

Everything has changed while I've been working on this piece.

And I've been working on it so long, I no longer see the words when I look at it.

Tomorrow it's gone, although iterations of it, echos of it, remain. It's a subject I'll be coming back to quite often.

I know where the quietest place in the world is.

But I have no idea at all what to do next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home