Sunday, July 03, 2005

The Bay City Rollers Trashed My Hotel Room

Last night in Scotland; tomorrow, the joys of modern air travel.

I had to check into the hotel late today, because the Bay City Rollers were in my room, and they would not get out. Apparently it is possible to milk 15 minutes of fame for upwards of thirty years. How's that for a sad thought?

Scotland has been beautiful, magical, like Iceland with trees. Not at all what I was expecting when I came here, and that's the very best kind of trip.

In three weeks, I'm supposed to be in the Yukon, traveling with the Gwich'in. Tonight, though, there's still one more Scotland sunset ahead. Last night, on the shores of Loch Lomond, the sun came down at the same time as a storm moved in. The loch kicked up waves the size of couches, but at the far end of the loch, it was pure sunshine, stabbing down in visible beams.

The truly strange thing is, this is my job to hang out and watch stuff like this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dees Stribling said...

The Bay City Rollers? Hey, they helped make 1976 the memorable year that it is. They're local lads there in Scotland, you know--well, not lads any more--local blokes, anyway. Out on the nostalgia circuit, no doubt.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home