Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Joe Jackson

No matter what mood I'm in, there's a Joe Jackson album that has me covered: from classical to almost punk, Joe rarely does the same thing twice, and whatever he does, it's worth checking out.

Just thinking of a couple lines from his song "Shanghai Sky" (on the album Big World, which first came out on actual vinyl--remember that stuff--and there were two disks in the sleeves, but side four was blank; maybe the only three-sided rock record ever made):

Strange how the world got so small
I turned around and there was nowhere left to go.
So sad, the dream always dies
Each new arrival closes places in my mind.
But I can dream
Until I go
Of smells that I don't recognize.

Off to Las Vegas in just a couple days. Vegas smells, as I recall from my last visit, like air conditioning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dees Stribling said...

Yeah, there are those days when I need to break out Jumpin' Jive.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home